Wednesday, March 29, 2006

What a weekend!

Wow! SO much has happened since my last post I do not even know where to start! We'll start with the trivial part I guess.

Hubby's new car. Have I mentioned my Hubby has a habit of buying cars, keeping them for a short period of time and then either trading them to a friend, or selling them? Well he does. Take his newest car, the one from last post. He really created a record with this one. Yep sold it already, and I really liked this car too. Oh well he made $500 off of it, so I can't complain too much. But he did get in big trouble for 1) deciding to buy the car and then telling me about it, an dthen 2) selling the car after I started to like it. So yeah, we are now down to one working, licensed, semi-decent gas mileage car. We also still have his Bronco, but he won't drive it because of the gas mileage, Oh and we have a few (like 7) cars that don't run, and aren't licensed. Yeah my hubby collects cars like I collect scrapbooking stuff. I love to have it all, and I love to use it, but I just don't have enough time. Yeah that's him. Loves to own the cars, loves to work on the cars, but he just doesn't have the time. So now he really has to work on one so he can get to and from work without costing us a fortune in gas money.

Yeah that's the trivial. Next we have our camping trip. Well since I can't get to my camera, and therefore can't show you pictures, you are spared that story until later this week. I think my camera is hidden in the deep recesses of the trailer, I will be going through all of that very soon since Hubby wants to go camping again this weekend so we can listen to conference and not have the distraction of, well life.

So yeah, the other thing that has happened is there was a major upset in my cyber-world. I am still trying to figure it all out. But it really makes me sad to think that people were targeted like they were. I just don't know what to say about this still, and it has been a few days. I am really not mad at the people who did it anymore, I'm just really sad about it.

You know I didn't realize the power that anonymity gave some people. I just thought that since I was being sincere, they were too. To find out they weren't,a nd that they took sincere, private things, and distorted them, and made them ugly, well it just shakes my faith in human nature. I feel very betrayed.

This also game about at a very hard time for me. I haven't said much about it, but I have been suffering from severe depression. So severe that I thought about ending my life. I seriously thought my family would be better off without me. My wake up call was knowing someone who had been through the same thing and was brave enough to speak out about it. I kept remembering what she had said to our little cyber group about how she hoped that by sharing her story she would help even one of us. Well she did. When I found myself opening the pill bottles, and filling a glass of water, her words came back to me. I haven't even told her this yet, but she saved my life. If I hadn't read her story, and seen her striving to overcome this, I very well might not be here now.

Once I was able to see what I was doing I went and got help. It has been a very hard road for me, but I am doing better. Very slowly, but steadily. I was starting to feel like myself again. I think that is why knowing that some people I trusted did what they did. I am still working on being a strong person. I have relapse, and this weekend was a big one. I felt very low. The good part is that I am working past this. I will get through it. I know. It is just a very long road. And unfortunately, I don't know if I will be able to trust for a very long time. But I am not giving up.

I also want to say that I don't think the people who were involved in the cyber world upset are bad people. I think most of them feel very bad for what they did, and they are going through a very hard time now, just as the rest of us are. They are in my prayers that they will able to get past this just as I pray that we will be able to get past this. I know it will take time, but hopefully everyone will be able to move beyond this and be happy and trustful again.

So that is a brief overview of my weekend, disjointed as it may seem. Although I must say, it's disjointed because that is how I have felt. Very disjointed. Hopefully I will be back on track soon.

I promise to update again soon, probably Friday. That will be my camping update. So I will have my camera found by then and the pictures uploaded for al to see. Later all!

10 comments:

Rachelle said...

Hugs to you with the depression! Thank you for seeking help! I would totally miss you!

Stacy said...

I am so glad you were touched enough to make the right decision! You are loved and needed by MORE than just your family... your cyber-family needs you, too!

My dh also has a car fettish. We have been married for not quite 6 years and we have had over 15 cars in that time. We currently have 3 and 1 motorcycle.... grrrrrrrrrrr!

(((HUGS))) to you and WELCOME BACK

Elozia Marie said...

SuAnn, I'm sitting here crying. My heart hurts for what you've been through, and I'm so sorry you have been there too. I know what it's like and how out-of control it feels, and I'm so glad that you had the stregnth to recognise what was going on and fight back. I love ya lots, and will always be here for you. Thank you so much for sharing your story, I'm so sad that you went through that, but so greatful that the depression didn't win. (((HUGS))) You're an amazing woman.

Anonymous said...

You are invaluable to us. I am so glad that you overcame such a dark moment. It may be a long road, but remember--you don't have to travel it alone. You are loved!

Lee said...

((hugs)) I am so glad that you sought help. You are in my prayers.

lackrik said...

my dh's has a similar trait too....only it's a cell phone.

((hugs)) to you!

MusicalMom said...

SuAnn, I had no idea!

(((((HUGS)))))

I'm so glad her story helped you.

emlouisa said...

Wow, so sorry that you are going through such a tough time! ((hugs))

Anonymous said...

Suann, please know that I'm thinking of you!! (((HUGS))

--jenn

Jane said...

I am behind in my blog reading...

I hope you are doing much better now. I am so sorry to hear what you have been going through.

Hugs