Friday, April 07, 2006

Chore Chart Mania

The past few years I have tried numerous tactics to get my children (mostly the oldest one) to do their chores. I tried the poster board & sticker/stamp/smiley face. Then I went one up and laminated the poster board and used dry erase markers. I tried rotating chores. I tried just yelling and screaming "get your chores done" (that one was least effective BTW. What to do? Well, I also subscribe to Family Fun Magazine . One issue showed this really cute idea for a chore chart. SO I tried it. Here is the result:




You move the hearts from the to do side to the done side. Much easier than the stupid poster boards.

It took me three months to perfect my chore chart. First I had to find the magnetic white boards, then the hearts, then the magnets, the paint, and paintbrush... Then I actually had to paint the hearts. Let me tell you I tried to paint them during naptime for a reason. Too bad I hadn't finished, and also too bad I couldn't find my camera... anyway One they were painted I found out I didn't have a sharpie any more. It was smashed on out driveway (yeah that was fun to clean up), so I had to go buy a sharpie. Once I had all the chores written on the hearts (and hearts left over so I can add chores), I had to wait for Hubby to put them on the wall.

Yeah I'm still waiting for him to help me. I figured three months was long enough, so I did it myself; without a level, without nails. So yes they are not centered on the wall like I wanted. And Yes, they are glued to the wall (doubled sided foamy stuff) and yes when I decided to move them I will probably have to sand the wall and repaint, but I DID IT!!! And I don't think they look too bad.

7 comments:

emlouisa said...

Totally cute! What a great idea!

Andrea said...

That's a cool chart! Is it working?

Stacy said...

Perfect! I need to satrt something like that for my boys. I may have to steal "your" idea.

lackrik said...

LOL! Glued to the wall! I need to do that so that I'll actually stick to it. ;)

Rachelle said...

I love your charts! When Cam gets older, we're doing the same thing.

Lei said...

ROFL! Whatever it takes!

scraphappymama said...

Love the idea. I should do the same for my daughter. Kudos to you for hanging them yourself.