Sunday, October 08, 2006

rain, rain, go away!!

OK so maybe it's not raining today, in fact it's beautiful outside! But Thursday and friday this is what happened at my house:

Explanation: There is a big trench in front of my house. You can't see it here, because it is full of water. You also can't see the last 5 ft of my driveway because it was flooded.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The pink bag is someone's halloween dacoration, one of those bags you fill with leaves and it has a jack-o-lantern face on it. It floated down from I don't know where, but at least two blocks away.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This isn't a good picture. I mean you get a sense of the water, but in fact this whole area was under water about two minutes after I took this picture. This is my neighbor's (to the west, downhill) yard. I took this from my yard.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

THis is the other side of my yard. You can't see it too well, but our yard was flooded with water and sand and gravel. It washed down out rock wall and onto our lawn. I'm not complaining though. THis is better than it used to be. So much gravel would be washed onto our lawn, we used to have to go out and shovel it off. But the city regraded and it sort of helped. still we have a mess to clean up.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

So it rained really hard, really fast for two days. Then it rained some more on Sat. I'm not complaining at all! The rain is great, I love the rain! I just wish we didn't get flooded out every time it rained here. lol.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad we live on top of a hill, our neighbors behind us probably get half the dirt from our field, lol.

Glad you survived.

MusicalMom said...

Yuck! I don't mind a good, hard rainstorm, but I HATE mud and standing water and...well, pretty much everything you embodied in those pictures! At least it's not as bad as it used to be with the gravel. How long does it take to disappear after a storm?

Melissa said...

I hate when it rains like that, it just makes going any where miserable!!