Sunday, November 12, 2006

What a weekend!

We had quite the weekend here. I'll just run through the days...

Friday:
My dad bought us all tickets to see Disney on Ice. So After school was out I had one hour to do some homework, get the kids ready to go, and load them in the van, Actually I was supposed to have 1 hr. I was running late because I needed to stop at the bank and get some cash so in reality, I only had 20 minutes. Once I had the kids ready to go and my dad came over and picked up two of the kids, I loaded up the other one and off we went to pick Hubby up from work. Hubby was supposed to get off work an hour early. Didn't happen. So I waited in the parking lot for 45 minutes playing games on my cell phone. When Hubby finally comes out we head off to dinner.

Dinner: dinner actually went fairly smooth. The kids all ate really good, no one threw any food, no temper tantrums because the other kids food looked better, etc... After dinner as we leave, my dad's lady friend noticed her back window was broken. Yep someone broke into her car and stole her purse. That caused some excitement for a while, because the police wouldn't come down to make a report, they just did a phone report. Plus now she had to drive a ways without a back window so I am sure she was cold. But we all made it finally.

Disney On Ice: the kids loved it! but OMG $10 for a sno cone!!!!! Yikes! Luckily we thought ahead and had snacks for the kids with us and didn't have to pay for them. Dad's lady friend even brought glow in the dark stuff so the kids didn't ask for the toys (much). And really they only noticed that stuff before the show started, intermission, and right after the show ended, but during the show, they didn't notice anything except what was going on in the rink. We had really great seats too, 5th row, so we could see the characters up close.

After the show, my dad took all the kids to spend the night with him at my grandma's house. So Hubby and I went home and slept and didn't have to get out of bed until we wanted to. So nice!

Saturday: Cassidy turned 10!!!! My little girl is growing up. It seems like just yesterday that she was born. I will never forget the obnoxious nurse I had. When Cassidy was born at 10:31, she said, We should have waited 30 minutes so she could be born at 11:11 on 11/11. Yeah I didn't think that was funny. It would have been cool, but not funny right after having my guts cut open and a baby taken out.

Since Cassidy had spent the night with grandpa, we cleaned the house so she didn't have to help much (Saturday is a cleaning day here). I went and bought her some balloons. I didn't make a cake but will tomorrow because that is when we are doing the whole cake/ice cream thing since several people were out of town (both grandmas anyway). She opened her gift from us, loved it, and then just hung out while I did home work.

Also on Saturday my wonderful, fabulous hubby put a new window in Dad's lady friend's car. It was so cold I couldn't stay out and watch. But I am a wimp like that. I like to be warm. But her window is back in and all the glass is vacuumed out. Now all she has to do is wait until tomorrow so she can file fraud papers with her bank and all that other fun stuff you have to do when your purse/wallet gets stolen. I hope it all goes smooth for her.

Saturday was also an EQ "romantic Date Night" party. Held at a lodge up the canyon, they had dinner and dancing with live entertainment. So fun! I felt a bit bad leaving Cass on her birthday, but she didn't care because grandpa and his lady friend came over to babysat. They ordered Pizza for the kids and even bought a cake for Cassidy, so everyone was happy.

Today I have to write my term paper for a class because the rough draft is due and I didn't get it done before (I am such a procrastinator. I work so much better under pressure. LOL). I also have to read some poems for one class and read "Streetcar Named Desire" for another class, both on Monday. And I haven't started either yet. I also need to work on my presentation that I have to do on Tues. But I am almost done with that.

I also have church, of course but it's at 1:00 so I have some time to work on homework before church. After church I am hoping to take our family picture (I am the one doing it so wish me luck!) then we have to be at the airport at 6:05 to pick my mom up and bring her home. I plan on do my reading on the way to the airport and back. I know it will be dark, but I have a book light, so it should be ok.

So why am I blogging all of this now? I have work to do! Latter! Enjoy your "day of rest"

No comments: