Since I blogged last. I just haven't really had much I wanted to talk about. Today, well I am melancholy. It has been one year since my BIL died, and it was a long, traumatic year with all sorts of turmoil and strife. It seems that when the Lord wants to test you, he most definitely will!
But, I don't want to dwell on any of that. Today I want to just remember the good times I had with BIL. One of the first things I think about is going fishing at Scolfield with him on Easter. It was actually pretty nice, considering it was March (or maybe early April). The ice was starting to melt so there was about 10 feet of open water. The fish were biting like crazy! We were pulling them in one after another. Between He and FIL, Cass caught her first fish! And, not only was it her first, it was the largest catch of the day. She was one proud and excited four year old.
The next memory I have is one I have probably shared before, or maybe not, but I have talked to a lot of people about it before. It was just a few days before hubby and i were to be married. BIL was up in Brighton building a cabin and his truck wasn't working. So since Hubby is Blessed (or maybe cursed depending on when you ask) with the ability to fix cars, we made an emergency run to get the truck. Now I must explain, BIL was a drinker. It didn't make him any less of a man, it was just a part of him. Anyway, BIL had been drinking and he was going around attempting to introduce me to his friends. Only he was saying "She is going to marry my Brother. She's going to be my wife!" When sometime tried to correct him and NO, She is going to be your SIL, he would say "NO! She is going to be my wife!" this went on for several minutes until we just said, OK, whatever you say. And we would wink at each other behind his back.
There are so many memories it is hard to narrow it down to a small few. But there are so many things that will always and forever remind me of BIL: Sunday impromptu picnics up the canyon, Fishing in Scofield, the family reunion in June, Easter, Christmas, Thanksgiving... Nothing has been the same.
Yet, with the one year mark there also comes peace. We (MIL and Pop, BIL and SIL, and Hubby and myself) spent the day at the temple. I know BIL lives on, and that he is watching over us. I know we will see him again.
1 comment:
Visiting the temple is such a wonderful way to remember your BIL, you have the right attitude for healing.
Post a Comment