Wednesday, September 24, 2008

so i goofed a test..

So my kids are all taking root word test today. I made the tests last week, two per class. So I hand them out to the kids and everything is going great. Then, in my last class of the day, it happens. One kid with and orange test says, "What's this root? m-a-r? That's not one of our roots. That's a freshman root."

so i look it up. Sure enough. I had somehow added one 9th grade root word on the 10th grade test. So the next question was, which root did I leave off?

And I figured it out. So then I had to figure out a way to get the kids to know ALL of the roots. Including the one I left off the test. Plus I had to figure out a way to make myself look a bit less stupid and save some face. So i did what every teacher would do...

"Kids with the Orange test, I left one root word off the test and added a 9th grade one to see if you are paying attention. If you can figure out which one it was, you will get a bonus point."

Well I tried at least...

No comments: