Thursday, June 22, 2006

Good things

I have a few good things to share today. So I'll just do that.

First, I found out yesterday that prayers are answered, or maybe it's the whole paying tithing thing, I can't decide which, but anyway. I have been trying to figure out how to pay for school next year. As tuition deadline started looming closer I just decided I couldn't worry about it anymore. I decided that if I was supposed to go to school then something would happen, if it didn't, well then I would just take fewer credits, or stop all together for a while. Then I said a prayer basically saying I have done everything I can, applied for several scholarships the whole bit. If I am supposed to be in school, help us pay for it somehow. Well A while ago (years) I messed up due to some emotional things and quit school. I then received a letter stating I would not be granted financial aid again. So I never bothered to apply. I just paid my own way for the past year. Well I decided to try for a specific scholarship. In order to apply you have to file the financial aid papers. So I filed them thinking it was a real waste of time but I decided to finish the process. I handed in the last of the papers yesterday while I was at school. When I did that they asked if I had a minute to speak with a financial aid advisor about my "academic progress" I figured I might as well since I was there and was an hour early for class. So I did. And I explained my situation fully expecting the guy to say, well sorry, nothing we can do for you. He handed me a paper and said sign this. I said ok, signed it. Then a few keystrokes on the computer later, he says "ok, well check the link next week. If you haven't received your award letter, come back in." WHAT!!!! Did he say award letter? So I say "so I can get financial aid?" He then says "yeah" When I continue to look surprised (Astonished) he explains that I made up all the credits I had messed up before at my own expense so my financial aid status was reinstated. Yeah I cried. And hyperfine. And cried more. So yeah, I get it, I am supposed to be in school. The lord did his part after I did what I could. I have never felt so humbled before, or so excited. I can finish school! YEAH

Good thing two: I have been wanting a Shih Tzu for at least 10 years. I had one that I rescued from the pound but it was hit by a car when I was pregnant with Cassidy. Ever since then I have tried to find a dog like that. Well Hubby knows I want one. Bad. And he finally told me I could get one this year. But I hadn't been able to save the money for one yet. Well I was talking to Hubby's best friend Johnny -- ok So I was actually talking to his fiance, Jenny-- and they let it slip out that his grandma has a Shih Tzu. Not only that but it was pregnant! Not only was she pregnant by mistake, but she somehow ended up pregnant by the neighbors Shih Tzu!!! So I beg and plead and ask if I can have one, saying I will pay for it and so on... Well The puppies were born last Saturday and I was just told I could have one, and All I have to pay for is the puppy shots! YEAH!!! I get my puppy, and I went and saw them on Monday night. They are so sweet and cute. Beautiful markings. I am just too excited! Now I just have to think of a name, once I find out if I am getting a boy or a girl anyway. Oh and I should say Hubby has very mixed feelings about this. He is not a dog lover, but he knows he either has to let me have this puppy or let me have another baby. Since he thinks we are done, he has figured this is the lesser of two evils. LOL. Not that he thinks babies are bad, he just doesn't want me to get pregnant again due to...Well what I am like when I am pregnant. LOL.

So With those two things my week has been made! Yap I am one happy lady. Anyway, I had to share my good things. I am sure you will find out more about the puppy as it grows and I can get pictures and can actually bring it home. Anyone know how long I have to wait to take it home? When can you wean a puppy from it's mother?

so please comment and give me your best doggie names and anything you know about housebreaking and all that fun stuff. I am just too excited. Well now I am off to finish my homework ( I get to read Through The Looking Glass before tomorrow, good thing I can read pretty fast!) Bye for now!

6 comments:

QueenMeadow said...

Yay for financial aid, that is awesome!!!

As for a puppy from its mom, I think its atleast 8 weeks.

You don't want help from me with dog names, lol. My last few dogs were named "spike" "tofu" and "goober" hehe.

Rachau said...

Congrats on both.I am so happy for you!Oh don't let meadow pick your dos name lol.Meadow is really sweet and all.But sucks a t dogs names lol;)

S said...

Thanks. I am very excited about the financial aid.

And the puppy.... well, sorry Medow, but I don't think I'll be using any of your suggestions. Thanks though. lol

It will probably be easier to name when i know if it's a boy or girl puppy huh. I'm just excited!

emlouisa said...

That's great! Congrats on the school stuff! AND the dog.

Alicia said...

All very great news! Congrats!

Andrea said...

I'm happy for you!! thats great.