Saturday, February 24, 2007

Time for an update!

So it's been way too long since I last blogged. I have just been busy. No real excuse, but it's the truth! So what have I been up to you ask? Well we went camping. In February. In Utah. I had quite a few people ask me if we were crazy and the answer is yes, we are. lol. But we all had so much fun! We went to Coral Pink Sand Dunes State Park down by Kanab. So it was quite a bit warmer than here. It was still a touch on the cold side, but not too bad. It was around 60 during the day and around 25-30 at night. So here is what we did:

We drove down on Friday. Saturday we went into Kanab and went out onto the dunes. I didn't dare bring my camera out onto the dunes because, well sand and I just plain forgot!many pictures there. It's a pretty small town. lol

Sunday we went into Zion National Park. That was nice. I was sick this day so I was so grateful that one of our family friends came camping with us. She was wonderful in helping out with the kids when I just couldn't function. BUT I did get some nice pictures, and I am going back next weekend so I will be able to do some hiking this time!

Monday we drove home. That was fun. We left 60 degree weather, drove home in really snowy, scary conditions, and when we got home there was 9" of snow in our yard. Not what I wanted to see after a weekend of sun. But oh well.

Now for the fun part. Pictures!!!

Hubby and the kids in Zion's.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

waterfall in Zion's
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
hubby and kids on a bridge at weeping rock

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

My best friend and my kids at weeping rock.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

view from weeping rock.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

a cool bridge just before the tunnel.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I just liked this picture. This was just inside the park on the Kanab side.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

So there is my picture show. Hope you enjoyed them!

No comments: