Wednesday, June 27, 2007

The road to...

I intended to write at least once a week this summer. Well you know what they say about good intentions right?

yesterday I experienced something for the first time. I will never have to experience it again either! Hubby was sick. And no that isn't what I won't experience again. I know better than that. I haven't made it to heaven yet. Anyway, Hubby was really sick. So I took him to the doctor's. You have to understand my doctor. He has the sickest sense of humor. I love it! Hubby on the other hand, is not so easily amused. So the doctor walks in and says "so what kind of surgery do you want today? Last time you came in it was for an upper GI test, so what's today's special?" (first of all I must say I was very impressed that the doctor remembered the last time my hubby was there).

So guess what ended up having to be done? Actually let me give you a few more hints. His stomach hurt. A LOT! He started out with just a bit of general pain that gradually localized in the lower right side. Got it now? Yep. Hubby had appendicitis. So while my doctor thought he was just being funny, he ended up guessing correctly that Hubby needed surgery.

It all happened so fast too! All in know is that at 8am yesterday morning I was playing on the Internet thinking my Hubby had a stomach bug and at 1pm I was in the surgical waiting room. Wow! and just in time too. the surgeon said that was the largest appendix he had ever removed. So now my wonderful Hubby is sucking down the Loratab like Dr. house and his Vicadin. But I have to say, he looks pretty sexy with have his hairy chest shaved off, but I sure feel bad for when that starts growing back in.

Oh and I must say he is sure taking this like a man. When we were up waling the first time at the hospital, he kept saying "I am so sorry I was such and @$$ when you Had your c-sections. I know now what you must have felt like!" yeah, as if an appendectomy is anywhere near having my stomach cut in half... But it was sure nice to hear him go on and on about how brave I was. Of course he also said he would never allow me to go through that pain again, Hmm I wonder...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

scary stuff! I hope your hubby feels better soon.