Saturday, January 14, 2006

An eventful day, today

Well today was that day that Cassidy was waiting for. We finally cut her hair to donate to Locks of Love. She was so excited to have it done. So we go in and she picks out a super cute hair style that will work with short hair. We show the stylist and all is great. Until she cuts the braid off. As she is styling it, the cut keeps getting shorter, and shorter. Until poor Cass's hair is up to her ears. She still looks cute, but it was so not what she was expecting. I felt so bad for her! Here she was trying to do this nice thing, and now she feel horrible about the way she looks! It's bad either, in fact the longer I see it, the better I think it looks, but it will definitely take some time to get used to. I just keep telling her how much easier it will be to take care of now. Hopefully it will grow out fairly soon. I have pictures, but for some reason I can't post them. I'll try again tomarrow.

I also had my hair cut today. YEAH!!! So much nicer looking than before. I don't have any pictures of myself, because, well it's my camera, so I am always taking the pictures. Maybe I can get someone to take one of me soon. Or maybe I will wait until I get it colored too.

Another interesting thing, I was at the grocery store with my mother-in-law, walking down the seasonal isle, when two little boys, I'd say about 8-11ish, start throwing a football back and forth. I didn't think much of it at first, because they waited until we passed them, but then one of them ran in front of us and the other threw the the ball, only he missed his target. Becka was riding at the back of my cart and caught the ball right in the eye. I am afraid I wasn't super nice to the boys who did attempt to run away. I caught the one and said "You just hit my kid with that ball. Don't you think you should say your sorry? Where is your Mother?" He looks at Becka and mumbles sorry, the says "I don't know where she is we were just looking for her." "No you weren't you were throwing a footballin a crowded Isle. Maybe you should go find her and tell her what you did before I do." Is my response. Well He took off. I have to say I was really mad! But now I feel kind of bad. The poor kid looked scared to death of me. In fact, when we were at the check out I saw him with his mom (who had her hands really full shopping with five kids), He looked at his brother and said "there she is" and they ran and hid behind their mom, who just kept looking at me. I just kept staring back at her and the boys, ok maybe I was glaring, but I was still mad, and Becka was still crying and her eye was still red... Justification over. I feel bad now. In fact I can laugh about it. The mother never did say anything to me.

One nice thing that happened (other than my cute haircut) Is Ryan got our storm door put on. YEAH!! I must say I am super impressed. We just bought it on Wed. I thought it would take him at least another week before it got put on, as busy as he has been. But nope. He was up bright and early this morning (I don't know how early. He let me sleep and I didn't get up until almost 9:00!!! That never happens!!) and the door was on before I left with Cassidy to get our hair cuts. It looks so nice.

So that is what is new here. Hope everything is going well for all of you. More soon!

4 comments:

QueenMeadow said...

Whew! what a day :). Can't wait to see the pics of the new do's. I bet you both look awesome!
I hope Becka's eye feels ok today.

Anonymous said...

I bet the hair cuts look awesome. Two girls in our ward did Locks of Love and they both said the short hair took some gettng used to.
Hope Becka's eye feels better soon.

Rachelle said...

That is so cool about your girl donating! I admire her for that. I want to see pics of the new do's for her and for you!

Linsey Farley Jameson said...

Ok, disregard my comment on the post with the haircut pictures. How sweet that she donated it!!!