I really don't get it. Why do men have to have names for everything? I can be sitting here thinking about what I have to do and suddenly my husband will saysomething like "I'm taking Gus to the dump. When I get back we'll go get Trout and go for a ride." I calmly say, "OK, who is Gus? and if we are going for a ride do we really need to take fish with us?" DH starts laughing uncontolably. Then explains: Gus is his name for the dump truck. Trout is the name of his truck because it has fishing licence plates. So why the names? why not just say The dump truck and the bronco? why? I have no idea, but apearntly he has named several vehicles. here is a sampling:
the Flintmobile= car with holes in the floor
Gus=dump truck
Trout=green and white truck(which has since been sold)
Brownie= brown truck
Old Silver= grey truck
Forest= Big green truck
moronmobile=a big old van he cut up
Baby=a pile of metal that is suposed to be a car someday when he can build it
and so on...
there are many other's but you know what I really don't remember what car is called what. He doesn't do this with anything else, only cars. Maybe because he works on them he feels a connection and must name them? I don't know. I have just decided that when he says anything like:
"Hon, I'm going to the store with Forest to get something for Baby. When I get back I'll get Brownie and trade in Old Silver..."
I just smile, nod and say Ok dear. Have fun. and go back to my world of LOL, DH, DD, ROFL, BTDT, PP, PG, and other words that make my hubby scratch his head in bewilderment.
4 comments:
ROFL!!! That is so funny!!! My Dad is like that. He takes Poncho to get juice after he sees a man about a dog. What?!?! Same as elementary school, I didn't understand them then and I still don't.
lol. I don't get it either ;)
LOL! Thank goodness my dh doesn't do that!
I am so glad I am not a guy!!
Post a Comment