Monday, May 08, 2006

The kidnapping...du du dunnnn

So I promised to write about kidnapping my Hubby from work. Here it is.

Background: I have been going to school at night for the past year. During that time Hubby has been wonderful with everything (mostly) . He took care of the kids, made dinner, cleaned the house, and listened to me vent when I was frustrated. He made sure I had time to do my reading without kids jumping on me. He was also so supportive. He was the one who talked me into going back. He knew how badly I wanted to finish my degree and he pushed me to do it. Even when he lost his job and we had no idea how we were going to pay for it, he still wouldn't let me quit.

During all this year, we haven't spent as much time together as we usually do. I love to travel and take mini-vacations. We usually do those long weekend type things 5-6 times a year, usually with friends, but at least 2 of them are just us. We didn't get to do those this last year with my being in school. We went away over night once for our anniversary and went to Vegas with our friends in March. Other than that, we have stayed home.

So, since I missed my Hubby so much, and Finals were over with, I conspired with my mother to kidnap him. It took me three weeks to plan it. First I had to wait for my mom to have the right days off, and then I had to make sure I had some money stuck away to pay for it. But it finally worked out last week. Here is what I did.

We are strange. Our date night is typically on Wed or Thurs. I knew that in order for this to work I would have to do it on one of those nights. I found a hotel that was very close to his work (as in three blocks away) that had whirlpool suites. So I reserved one of those. Hubby get's off work at 5:00pm (ish). So I drove up (he works about 50 miles away) around 2:00 to get things ready. (Yeah it didn't take that long, but I needed some me time as well. lol.) I called him about 3:30 to see how work was, when he was leaving, what we were doing for our date night, that sort of thing. He told me he planned on leaving in about an hour. I asked why? he said he was just done early. I said ok, please call me when you are leaving. See you later. Love you. Bye.

At 4:30 I drove to his work, just to see how long it would take. I couldn't find his car! It wasn't there! I was freaked out thinking he had already left and I had missed him. So I called. Asked him where he usually parked. Hi didn't have a clue and asked why, I just said I was just wondering. He then told me and then said "but I couldn't park there today because all the good spots were taken, so I parked on Parkway." I said ok. I asked him again when he was leaving work. He said he couldn't get off until 5 or shortly after. Something had come up. I must have sounded strange because he asked why. Then I told him (I am weak): I'm kidnapping you. I'll be outside at 5:00. He said are you hear now? i wouldn't say if I was or not. Then he tells me he is driving out the gate, so I leave quickly, hiding in a Wal-Mart parking lot.

I went inside Wal-Mart to get a few things I forgot, drove back to the hotel, finished getting ready (setting candles around and such). At 5:00 I drove back to his work and watched for him. When he came out He kept asking what I was doing. I just kept saying I had a surprise for him. We went to dinner at T.G.I.Fridays (his favorite place), then walked around the mall. Finally After his repeated asking, I told him "we are not going home tonight." I told him where to go. He dropped me off at the hotel, and went to get things out of his car. While he was gone, I filled the hot tub, lit all the candles, and undressed. He walked into the room and just started to laugh. He was so surprised! YEAH for me!!

Let's just say it was a very good night. He LOVED it. I loved it. We needed it. It was perfect. The kidnapping was a success! If you ever have the chance to do this I highly recommend it. Now if I could get him to surprise me like this...

5 comments:

Heather said...

That's great- what a nice thing for you to put together!

Andrea said...

lol too good!

Rachelle said...

What a fun thing to do! I am going to have to kidnap dh one of these days!

Kermit~the~Frog said...

Good job! You've given me great ideas.

emlouisa said...

That sounds awesome! yay for you!